Above all else, Hanger Hall is committed to building the best student body possible. And that means our school is accessible to students, regardless of financial concerns. However, scholarship funds are limited as they are funded through tuition. Generally, tuition assistance decisions are made in the following order:
- Returning students already receiving aid
- Returning students not previously receiving tuition assistance
- Newly accepted students who qualify for aid
- Late applicants (if any funds remain available)
- Incoming 6th grade families are encouraged to apply for the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarship if they qualify
At Hanger Hall, tuition assistance is granted on the basis of need, which is determined by the School and Student Services (SSS) for Financial Aid in Princeton, New Jersey. This organization serves every independent school in the United States. So, here’s the process:
- Apply to Hanger Hall. See admissions procedures.
- If you anticipate applying for Tuition Assistance, upon application submittal, please complete a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) at https://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal or by contacting our Admissions Office. This helps the SSS analyze your financial information and estimate your family’s need.
- Provide Hanger Hall with a copy of your SSS application and copies of your Federal Income Tax Return (1040 form and schedules) including your W2, 1099, or other forms filed by you or your business.
There is a limited amount of financial aid available each year. We encourage families to apply as early as possible in the current school year. Most financial aid decisions will be made by mid-March to early April, so submittal of this application by February 28th is highly encouraged. If you are unsure of your acceptance status, families are still encouraged to go ahead and apply. Please remember to apply well in advance of the February 28th deadline wherever possible. All Tuition Assistance decisions will be made in as a timely manner as possible for all students, returning and new. All tuition assistance awards will be notified via first by email followed by a Tuition Agreement Contract.
We also accept the State of North Carolina Opportunity Scholarships for families who qualify. Please check the website NCSEAA.edu for more information about the Opportunity Scholarships.