Hanger Hall was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization in October of 2006. As such Hanger Hall is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. This Board meets on a monthly basis and its membership is constituted of 1/3 current parents, 1/3 past parents, and 1/3 of members of the community-at-large. In addition, the Chair of the Hanger Hall PTC and one faculty member serve as ex-officio members of the Board along with the Head of School.
Responsibilities of the Board:
- Hire and evaluate the Head of School
- Approve tuition and related operational policies
- To oversee the fiscal health of the school through the annual budget as well as through the creation of sustainable financial models
- To insure the long-term growth of the school through strategic planning and private support.
The Chair of the Board of Directors for 2016-2017 is Danette Lowery and she represents our past parent constituency. Danette will be instrumental in leading us through the planning process for the next strategic plan. This is the most recent strategic plan Hanger Hall’s 5-year strategic plan (approved by the Board on July 30,2011) and providing direction for assessment.
Board members include:
- Danette Lowery (Past Parent)- Chair
- Martha Tuitt (Past Parent)-Secretary
- John Evans (Community-at-Large) – Treasurer
- Angie Fletcher (Community-at-Large, Past Board Chair)
- Anna Hamrick (Current Parent)
- Dave Merrifield (Current Parent)
- Zac Hunter (Current Parent)
- Stacey Crowley (Community-At-Large)
- Amy Rowe (Community-At-Large)
- Glenn Mayes (Community-at-Large)
- Dale Bradshaw (Past Parent)
- Jamie Hammond (Humanities Teacher, Faculty Liaison) – ex-officio
- Cathie Robbins (PTC Chair) – ex-officio
- Catherine McClain (Head of School) – ex-officio