Interim Humanities Teacher
Hanger Hall School is seeking a full-time interim History and Language Arts Instructor to teach for 3 months starting in mid-October with 2 weeks off in December. Hanger Hall is an all-girl school serving grades 6-8.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expectations for All Employees: Promotes the image of the school and supports its mission, vision, and goals by exhibiting the following behavior: excellence, competence, innovation, collaboration, respect, resourcefulness, flexibility, and accountability. Uses positive and professional language and exhibits loyalty to the school at all times. All employees must be punctual and ready to greet children when they arrive. Tardiness and absenteeism is not acceptable.
SUMMARY: Teaches grammar and 7th, and 8th Humanities courses. Challenges each child to reach her fullest potential academically and personally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following; others may be assigned
Act as a supporter of each child offering warmth, security, stability and non-judgmental acceptance. Develops and implements curriculum while providing clear, interesting, and relevant lessons.
- Is responsible for the safety and physical well being of the children at all times.
- Adheres to professional standards as an educator for the purpose of maintaining quality and excellence.
- Consistently works to teach courteous behavior and conflict resolution.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the school as written in the employee and parent handbooks.
- Protects the privacy and working atmosphere of the class at all times.
- Maintains clear and accurate records including attendance records, progress reports and e-mails to parents.
- Supervises children in the classroom, and on field trips at all times.
- Maintains on-going communication with parents regarding children’s specific needs and school operational needs.
- Participates in staff and parent/teacher meetings and any other meetings deemed necessary by the Assistant Head of School.
- Takes responsibility for the care and maintenance of the classroom and teaching materials and equipment. Organizes storage of supplies, materials, and activities.
- Reports all accidents or unusual situations to the Assistant Head of School and writes a dated report in classroom journal.
- Notifies the Assistant Head of School immediately of personal difficulties with children, parents, or staff members.
- Supports all school related fundraising projects.
OTHER DUTIES include:
- Will be expected to drive the bus or van on some field trips or school trips.
- Will be an open, creative and communicative member of our Hanger Hall faculty family.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary Salary: $115.00 to $145.00 /day
Interviews will begin in Late July.