Hanger Hall by the Numbers (2019-2020)
- This is our 20th school year.
- We opened the school year with 73 girls (28 in 6th, 26 in 7th, and 19 in 8th )
- Twelve faculty and Staff with a combined tenure and experience of nurturing and educating middle school girls of more than 95 years!
- Our retention rate averages 95%.
- 95% of our girls come from public schools and return to public schools.
- We purchased our first property and permanent home for Hanger Hall on July 24, 2014, and moved-in the first week of April, 2015.
- Our 6th grade class represents 11 different feeder schools and learning environments.
- There are 4 administrators (3 full-time and 1 part-time) and 8 teachers.
- Hanger Hall is a member of the National Coalition of Girls’ Schools (NCGS)
- On average 90% of parents contribute to the Annual Fund.
- 100% of board members contribute to the Annual Fund.
- Number of families receiving some level of financial aid 30%.
- On average our girls contribute 1,350 hours of service to the community.
- Endowment $258,735
- We accept the North Carolina Opportunity Scholarships
How Tuition Dollars Are Allocated
- Tuition is $12,850 per child (6th and 7th) $13,350 (8th)
- Operating Costs = $935,980
- Payroll 60%
- Office Operating (includes mortgage) 20%
- Activities and Class Trips 7%
- Tuition Assistance ($56,650) 7%
- Labor and Professional Fees (attorney, accountant, bookkeeper) 3%
- Other such as admissions and development 3%
- The gap between tuition income and expenses is made up from private support, uniform sales, application fees, summer camp revenue, and facility rental.
The Hanger Hall Board of Directors is the guardian of the school’s mission. It is the responsibility of the board to ensure that the mission is relevant and vital to the community it serves and to monitor the success of the school in fulfilling its mission. Our board adheres to the NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools Principles of Good Practice for Independent School Trustees.)
- We are governed by a board of 10 voting members (3 past parents, 4 community-at-large members, and 3 current parents) and three non-voting members (Angi Everett, PTC Chair, Katie Conner & Meg Winnecour, Faculty Rep and Jennifer Schoolfield, Head of School.)
- The board of directors meets monthly September through June.
Board Members for 2019-2020
Chair of the Board, Nicole Norian (Past Parent)
President Elect, Erin Conners (Community-At-Large)
Secretary Donna Lanahan, (Community-At-Large)
Treasurer, Glenn Mayes (Community-At-Large)
- Michelle Pernell (Past Parent)
- Matt Aho (Current Parent)
- Laura Hudson (Community-At-Large)
- Elizabeth Roth (Current Parent)
- Richard Kort (Past parent/President)
- Sandy Frederick (Past Parent)
- Kevin Jones (Community-At-large)
- Angi Everett, PTC Chair, ex-officio
- Katie Conner & Meg Winnecour, Faculty Rep, ex-officio
- Jennifer Schoolfield, Head of School, ex-officio