Sorry, no content matched your criteria.
School Counselor - part time position 12-14 hrs per week
The school counselor establishes the school counseling program and develops activities and resources to implement and evaluate the program. The school counselor involves other school staff in making decisions about the school counseling program. Develop in the living and learning skills necessary to navigate school and life.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and teach classes in social-emotional curriculum.
- Facilitate and coordinate parent education programs.
- Support opportunities for team-building and collaboration among students.
- Form and work with groups of students to address prevalent (pre)adolescent issues and to develop coping, social, communication, and decision making skills.
- Provide group counseling and limited individual services to meet the developmental and preventive needs of students.
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution services when requested by school personnel.
- Collaborate with external education and social services professionals to develop appropriate services for teachers, students, and families.
- Assist students, teachers and parents to develop solutions to family and community factors that influence students’ capacity or ability to learn.
- Serve as a liaison in making referral and to other counseling and social services professionals in the community.
- Work with teachers to identify themes and activities to implement in advisee meetings and other small student group settings.
Salary $8,000-10,000 based on experience.
Send Cover letter and resume to email@example.com