Above all else, Hanger Hall is committed to building the best student body possible. And that means our school is accessible to gifted students, regardless of financial concerns. However, scholarship funds are limited as they are funded through tuition. Generally, financial aid decisions are made in the following order:
- Returning students already receiving aid
- Returning students not previously receiving financial aid
- Newly accepted students who qualify for aid
- Late applicants (if any funds remain available)
At Hanger Hall, financial aid is granted on the basis of need, which is determined by the School and Student Services (SSS) for Financial Aid in Princeton, New Jersey. This organization serves every independent school in the United States. So, here’s the process:
- Apply to Hanger Hall. See admissions procedures.
- If your daughter is accepted to Hanger Hall, Complete a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) at http://sss.nais.org, or by contacting our Admissions Office. This helps the SSS analyze your financial information and estimate your family’s need.
- Provide Hanger Hall with a copy of your SSS application and copies of your Federal Income Tax Return (1040 form and schedules) including your W2, 1099, or other forms filed by you or your business.
There is a limited amount of financial aid available each year. The deadline for families to file is March 30th. If you are unsure of your acceptance status you are encouraged to go ahead and apply anyway. You are also encouraged to apply well in advance of the March 30th deadline. Financial Aid decisions are made in a timely manner for all students, returning and new. All financial aid awards are appropriated mid to late April, and recipients will be notified via email.