Hanger Hall was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization in October of 2006. As such Hanger Hall is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. This Board meets on a monthly basis and its membership is constituted of 1/3 current parents, 1/3 past parents, and 1/3 of members of the community-at-large. In addition, the Chair of the Hanger Hall PTC and one faculty member serve as ex-officio members of the Board as well as the Head of School.
Responsibilities of the Board:
- Hire and evaluate the Head of School
- Approve tuition and related operational policies
- To oversee the fiscal health of the school through the annual budget as well as through the creation of sustainable financial models
- To insure the long-term growth of the school through strategic planning and private support.
The Chair of the Board of Directors for 2013-2014 is Donna James, Ed.D. and she represents our community-at-large. Donna is instrumental in leading us through the strategic plan Hanger Hall’s 5-year strategic plan (approved by the Board on July 30,2011) and providing direction for assessment.
Board members include:
- Dianne Rule (Community-at-Large)
- Lynn Penny (Past Parent)
- Jo Ikelheimer (PTC Chair)
- Angie Wills, President-elect (Community-at-Large)
- Danette Lowery, ( Past Parent)
- Lisa Yoffee (current parent)
- Michele Capel (past parent) – Vice-Chair
- Katie Langwell (French teacher) – Faculty Liaison – ex-officio
- Rachel Fagan (current parent) – Chair-elect
- Catherine McClain (Head of School) – ex-officio
- Laura Stone (past parent)- Secretary
- Donna James, Board Chair (community-at-large)
- Tadd Clarkson (current parent)
- Anna Hamrick (current parent)